DejaRae

Deja Talamantes

600 Hours of Edward is about a man named Edward who has autism, he lives in Billings, MT. Edward lives by himself in a house his father pays for. His father and him are not very close. Even though Edward doesn't even mind it. His problem with his father is that he doesn't consider on putting heated floors in the house. Edward keeps track of everything he does, like to the time he wakes up every morning to the weather each day. He goes to a therapist that tells him options on expressing himself, because he is very opinionated. 600 Hours of Edward so far is amazing, especially the visualization since I live in the same city so I can see where he is talking about. This book is very well written and explains his autism very well. I love how its all about him and the first-person view.

The Fault in Our Stars

This book is amazing. It's about this young girl named Hazel Grace, she suffers with cancer in her lungs. She goes on an adventure in this story with a young man name Gus, who she meets in a recovery group. Gus acquires feelings for Hazel Grace. She is unsure at first on what her feelings for him is, but later on become very attached to him. They read a book called An Imperial Affliction, which both Gus and Hazel love. Gus uses his Make a Wish wish to go on a trip to Amsterdam to meet the author with Hazel Grace and her mother. The author ends up being a totally ass and completely ruining Hazel's love for the book, but enjoy the rest of their time in Amsterdam. They come back home after a long and exhausting trip. Things turn bad, Gus ends up not feelings well and Hazel Grace goes back to the hospital for her lungs. So far this book is very interesting. I love it, and recommend it to anyone. So far this is all I have gotten to.